DataRobot Paxata Official Cloud Documentation
for release version 2020.2
New to DataRobot Paxata? Here's where to get going fast to prep your data!
Want to try a free trial? Start your Cloud Trial here.
Getting around in DataRobot Paxata
When you think about Paxata think...
1. Projects where you do your data prep:
Project Tools are located on the left side
- Steps editor allows you to view, edit, add, rearrange, and delete Steps within a Project
- Versions displays the versioning history for a Project.
- Highlight provides visual queues that help you to better spot patterns, spaces and ranges in your data.
- Attach provides a Lookup tool to perform a join type operation that combines another dataset with your Base (driving) dataset. Alternatively, you can append another dataset to your Base dataset.
- Columns provides the ability to edit the Columns in a Project--their names, order, and availability in a Project.
- Compute allows you to compute columns, using any number of functions, to create a new column.
- Window functions are a set of tools that enable you to group sets of rows (called a "Window") for the purpose of performing specific functions: Aggregate, Shift, Numbering, Fill.
- Remove rows from a Project
- Shape tools allow you to Deduplicate, Group By, Transpose. Pivot and Depivot your data.
- Auto # adds a new column to your dataset that provides a unique index number for every row in your dataset. This is useful when you need the ability to track your dataset’s original order and/or assign row ID’s to your dataset.
- Predict tool allows you to send your data to the deployed Machine Learning model in DataRobot and score it.
- New Lens allows you to create publishing points from Steps in your Project.
2. And think Library where the datasets that you prep are saved:
Column Operations for your Projects
The following are operations you can perform by clicking the drop-down for any column. Note that most column operations are intuitive and the UI help panel in the application provides a brief definition for each one. For operations that require more explanation, you can find that information by clicking on the links below.
- by ascending
- by descending
- into Capital Case
- into lower case
- into UPPERCASE
- into numeric
- into text
- into date
- into unescaped HTML
- into blanks
- custom values
For all of the Change options, you can make the selected change to more than a single column. See the Change Menu for details.
- trim leading and trailing spaces
- collapse consecutive spaces
For both of the Whitespace options, you can make the selected change to more than a single column. See the Change Menu for details.
Additional column options
Additional Application Features